Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Love Never Fails

Today started the same way all of my days start.

I woke up and reached for my phone still half asleep, and just like every other morning, I saw his name on my screen. I smiled and tried to focus on his words as I fought the urge to snuggle under the covers and go back to sleep. I read over the message a few times and then listened to the song he had sent me. And then I listened to it again, and again, and again. I did not want to stop listening to it and go to class. I did not want to face reality. Most days, I am able to put my phone aside, get up and get ready to go to class, but today it was different. Today is a special day for me and my soldier.

So, while I laid in bed and thought of everything we’ve experienced this far, I couldn’t help but smile and miss him. I miss him so very much, but I love having him in my life to miss. I love every single moment I’ve spent with him. I love every single memory I have with him. I love him. I do not know why God decided to bless me so, but I am very thankful He did. I am thankful for my soldier and I am thankful for every minute I get to call him “my soldier.”

Even though I didn’t get to spend today with him, I still felt close to him. One day I will be able to spend this day and many other days with him: those days will be the best days of my life.  

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." -1 Corinthians 13:4-8-

No comments:

Post a Comment