Friday, April 19, 2013

Flowers

First of all, I would like to take a moment to express my sincere and outmost sympathy to the families of the people that were affected by the Boston bombing and the families of the people that were affected by the Texas plant explosion. My heart goes out to all of them. I cannot even imagine how that feels...I can't imagine finding out that a person I love is not coming back home. I cannot imagine finding out that I will never see him or her again. My heart has been aching since Monday and Wednesday came to add to that ache. I pray to God that He will rest the souls of every person He called Home, and I pray that He will give peace and strength to their families.

On Monday, when I heard the news, my first instinct was to pray. When I was finished praying, I stood there staring at the screen, with tears running down my face, and something caught my attention: the footage that shows two men dressed in military uniforms running towards the smoke and the chaos to help those that needed them. As I stood there looking at the screen, my heart skipped a few beats as I thought of my soldier. And then my mind started racing. How will all this affect his life? How will it affect his job?

My soldier is well. My soldier is still on American soil, but I can't help but think about the fact that in less than a month he won't be on American soil anymore. He is leaving and taking my home and my heart with him. I pray every night and every moment of my day that he will be safe and happy while away from me. I pray that he will protect his battle buddies and all of us, and then return safely home to me. I trust him and I trust our God. I know that He will take care of my soldier, and that thought keeps me going, even when things get tough.

On a happier note, he sent me flowers on Wednsdey. Twelve beautiful roses. I am looking at them as I am typing this and I can't help but smile. He is so good to me. So loving and so caring. I don't know what I would do without him. He is my angel. As today comes to a close, I can't help but thank God for bringing him in to  my life. He has been such a blessing to me, and I cannot wait until I get to be in his arms once again. I cannot wait until I am home again.

"Settle down, it will all be clear. Don't pay no mind to the demons that fill you with fear. The trouble, it might drag you down. If you get lost you can always be found, just know you are not alone, 'cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

No comments:

Post a Comment