Saturday, July 6, 2013

Red

I know that it has been a long time since I have posted anything, but to say that I have been busy is an extreme understatement. Being in DC has been an AMAZING experience, but I have been SO busy ever since I arrived here. I have been going to school, working full-time and volunteering as a tutor at a bilingual school. The only down time I really get is during the weekends and at that time, I see it more appropriate to rest and talk to my soldier. The countdown has begun, and all I can say is that it has been harder than I thought it would be, but due to being busy all the time, the days have been going by faster than I expected. I miss him every single second of every single moment of every single day. I miss seeing his smiling face infront of me without a computer screen seperating us. I miss holding his hand. I miss his hugs...I miss him. But I am thankful that I get to talk to him and see his smile, even if there is a computer screen seperating us. :) On another note, I got something in the mail that made me very happy. I ordered a Red Friday Paracord Bracelet from a site called My Hero's Keepsake (http://www.myheroskeepsakes.com/) and  it was in my mailbox yesterday. Now, I can always wear red on Red Fridays! :D Seeing it on my wrist is comforting. It lets me know that no matter what, my soldier is always here with me, because he is in my heart. :) Because every time I look at that bracelet, I think of his smile and of the day he is finally going to be home. And that is going to be a glorious and amazing day. Until then, I'll just continue loving my soldier and praying for him, his (and my) friends that are with him, and every other soldier out there.

"No matter where it is in the sky...no matter where you are in the world...the moon is never bigger than your thumb." -Nicholas Sparks-

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete